We supply and install various control systems from a basic systems of step control responding to the movement of people and the level of daylight, an advanced systems with smooth dimming ranging from 0 to 100 %, but mostly very complex installations with time-based programming according to production plans operations, visualization, maintenance planning, detailed reporting.
Control systems that we supply offer great flexibility. Without any changes in electrical or communication wiring, the lighting system can be easily adjusted (by simple changes in system set up) to changed operation programs, machinery positioning, etc.
At doublepower, we do not develop or produce automated lighting control components or control units, for the reason that the supply of high-quality systems and components is wide enough. Therefore, we search for the best possibilities, we compare and test available solutions and only choose the ones that suit the demanding industrial applications best. However we have our own programmers and engineers, and we develop our own control system programming and visualizations, for various standard communication protocols and systems.
There is a great advantage of using standardized components and open systems and communication protocols – the lighting control system is easily extensible, it is compatible with components and technologies from various producers, and other possible systems in the facility. Also, as new technologies emerge (i.e. Internet of Things) it will be much easier to upgrade an open control system than a closed system from one supplier. That is the reason why we for example often use DALI-KNX based control systems.
Our know-how concerning lighting control systems consist of 3 main factors:
- Detailed testing of various technologies, communication protocols and control systems, many experiences from industrial installations
- Professional engineering and design of even very complex lighting control systems, including wiring and connection plans and diagrams, etc.
- Our own software programming and visualizations, which we developed with our engineers
Intelligent systems also help in managing the quarter-hour maximums. The lighting system will be connected to other electrical devices in the enterprise. When approaching the maximum, the system is automatically dimmed or the lights will be turned off in less busy zones.
We focus our efforts on the development of visualization programs that allow customers to monitor and adjust the behavior of lighting system in real time, according to actual conditions and needs. We understand that the industrial customers often use a variety of systems for technology management, monitoring and consumption plans. Therefore, we strive for seamless integration of our solutions into a customer’s pre-existing systems.
This approach opens the door to future new technologies (IoT), which will play an interesting role in lighting.
Naturally, in the field of intelligent lighting we consistently draw upon our experience and findings from the practice. Frequently, this data consists of details, however, they have wide applications and consequences.
- For example, while controlling the artificial lighting in relation to the intensity of natural daylight, wrongfully placed daylight sensors may be influenced by sunrays coming through the skylight under a sharp angle during the sunrise or sunset. The sensor registers high levels of daylight, even though the daylight does not illuminate the area below skylights. Therefore, the artificial lighting dims itself or turns itself off, even though the hall is dark. Optimal placement of sensors is thus carefully considered with respect to sunrays’ course throughout the entire year.
- When designing a lighting control in racking aisles on the basis of movement, we take into account the forklift trucks and stackers’ movement speed and size, overlay of sensor sensitive zones and sensor shadowing in rack aisles. By doing so, the proposed system is perfectly secure and optimized precisely for the conditions of your operation.